- awesome-selfhosted/awesome-selfhosted - A list of Free Software network services and web applications which can be hosted locally. Selfhosting is the process of hosting and managing applications instead of renting from Software-as-a-Service providers.
- luong-komorebi/Awesome-Linux-Software - A list of awesome applications, software, tools and other materials for Linux distros.
- k4m4/terminals-are-sexy - A curated list of Terminal frameworks, plugins & resources for CLI lovers.
- jlevy/the-art-of-command-line - Master the command line, in one page.
- dylanaraps/pure-bash-bible - A collection of pure bash alternatives to external processes.
- learnbyexample/Command-line-text-processing - From finding text to search and replace, from sorting to beautifying text and more.
- imthenachoman/How-To-Secure-A-Linux-Server - An evolving how-to guide for securing a Linux server.
- agarrharr/awesome-cli-apps - A curated list of command line apps.
- mayfrost/guides - Looking for a guide? You came to the right place.
- chubin/awesome-console-services - A curated list of awesome console services (reachable via HTTP, HTTPS and other network protocols).
- alebcay/awesome-shell - A curated list of awesome command-line frameworks, toolkits, guides and gizmos.
- cindyq/linuxjourney - Learn the ways of Linux-fu, for free. https://linuxjourney.com.
- junaid33/opensource.builders - Find open-source alternatives. https://opensource.builders.
- lhunath/guide.bash.academy - Bash Academy - The Bash Guide. https://guide.bash.academy.
- hakluke/how-to-exit-vim - Some simple methods for exiting vim.
- iggredible/Learn-Vim - Learning Vim and Vimscript doesn't have to be hard. This is the guide that you're looking for.
- vim-awesome/vim-awesome - Awesome Vim plugins from across the universe. http://vimawesome.com.
- rtorr/vim-cheat-sheet - A mobile friendly Vim cheat sheet. https://vim.rtorr.com.
- theicfire/vimsheet - Vim cheat sheet from beginners to pros. https://vimsheet.com.
- vim-advent-calendar/vimways.org - Vim-themed advent calendar. https://vimways.org.
- igrigorik/vimgolf - Real Vim ninjas count every keystroke - do you? http://www.vimgolf.com.
- emacs-tw/awesome-emacs - A community driven list of useful Emacs packages, libraries and others.
- redguardtoo/mastering-emacs-in-one-year-guide - Be great at emacs in one year.
- unixorn/awesome-zsh-plugins - A collection of ZSH frameworks, plugins, themes and tutorials.
- luong-komorebi/Begin-Latex-in-minutes - Brief Intro to LaTeX for beginners that helps you use LaTeX with ease.
- Browser customization
- Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx - Custom CSS tweaks for Firefox Quantum.
- Timvde/UserChrome-Tweaks - A community maintained repository of userChrome.css tweaks for Firefox.
- MrOtherGuy/firefox-csshacks - Collection of userstyles affecting the browser.
- GitHub Search "dotfiles"
- (Web) Dotfiles - ArchWiki
- webpro/awesome-dotfiles - A curated list of dotfiles resources.
- holman/dotfiles - Zach Holman's Dotfiles.
- mathiasbynens/dotfiles - Mathias Bynen's Dotfiles.
- jessfraz/dotfiles - Jess Frazelle's Dotfiles.
- LukeSmithxyz/voidrice - Luke Smith's Dotfiles.
- wincent/wincent - Greg Hurrell's Dotfiles.
- (GitLab) dwt1/dotfiles - Distrotube's Dotfiles
- thoughtbot/dotfiles - A set of vim, zsh, git, and tmux configuration files.
- dotfiles/dotfiles.github.com - The unofficial guide to doing dotfiles on GitHub. http://dotfiles.github.io.
- thibmaek/awesome-raspberry-pi - A curated list of awesome Raspberry Pi tools, projects, images and resources.
- s-matyukevich/raspberry-pi-os - Learning operating system development using Linux kernel and Raspberry Pi.
Regular expressions and algorithms
- ziishaned/learn-regex - Learn regex the easy way.
- tayllan/awesome-algorithms - A curated list of awesome places to learn and/or practice algorithms.
- ericdrowell/BigOCheatSheet - https://bigocheatsheet.com.
- geongeorge/i-hate-regex - The code for iHateregex.io - The Regex Cheat Sheet. https://iHateRegex.io.
- firasdib/Regex101 - Online Regex Tester and Debugger. Issue Tracker for https://regex101.com.
- (GitLab) javallone/regexper-static - Regular Expression Visualization Site. https://regexper.com.
- ronreiter/interactive-tutorials - Interactive Tutorials. https://www.learnpython.org.
- donnemartin/interactive-coding-challenges - 120+ interactive Python coding interview challenges (algorithms and data structures). Includes Anki flashcards.
- norvig/pytudes - Python programs, usually short, of considerable difficulty, to perfect particular skills.
- vinta/awesome-python - A curated list of awesome Python frameworks, libraries, software and resources.
- TheAlgorithms/Python - All Algorithms implemented in Python.
- faif/python-patterns - A collection of design patterns/idioms in Python.
- keon/algorithms - Minimal examples of data structures and algorithms in Python.
- satwikkansal/wtfpython - A collection of surprising Python snippets and lesser-known features.
- mahmoud/awesome-python-applications - Free software that works great, and also happens to be open-source Python.
- geekcomputers/Python - @geekcomputers' Python Examples.
- crazyguitar/pysheeet - Python Cheat Sheet.
- dabeaz-course/practical-python - Practical Python Programming (course by @dabeaz).
- funkythings/python-cheat-sheet - Python Cheat Sheet NumPy, Matplotlib.
- machinelearningmindset/machine-learning-course - Machine Learning Course with Python. Refer to the course page for step-by-step explanations.
- chrisalbon/notes - Notes On Using Data Science & Artificial Intelligence.
- rougier/numpy-100 - 100 numpy exercises (with solutions).
- rougier/numpy-tutorial - Numpy beginner tutorial.
- rougier/matplotlib-tutorial - Matplotlib tutorial for beginners.
- matplotlib-cheatsheet - Matplotlib 3.1 cheat sheet.
- chrisalbon/code_py - A collection of well-commented code snippets for data science.
- cantaro86/Financial-Models-Numerical-Methods - Collection of notebooks about quantitative finance, with interactive python code.
- scipy-lectures/scipy-lecture-notes - Tutorial material on the scientific Python ecosystem. https://scipy-lectures.org.
- pyvideo/pyvideo - A Python media index. https://pyvideo.org.
- freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp - The https://www.freeCodeCamp.org open source codebase and curriculum. Learn to code for free together with millions of people.
- microsoft/Web-Dev-For-Beginners - 24 Lessons, 12 Weeks, Get Started as a Web Developer
- microsoft/Data-Science-For-Beginners - 10 Weeks, 20 Lessons, Data Science for All!
- microsoft/ML-For-Beginners - 12 weeks, 26 lessons, 52 quizzes, classic Machine Learning for all
- microsoft/IoT-For-Beginners - 12 Weeks, 24 Lessons, IoT for All!
- hemanth/functional-programming-jargon - Jargon from the functional programming world in simple terms!
- yangshun/awesome-spinners - A curated collection of dazzling web spinners.
- lukehoban/es6features - Overview of ECMAScript 6 features.
- you-dont-need/You-Dont-Need-Momentjs - List of functions which you can use to replace moment.js + ESLint Plugin.
- DrkSephy/es6-cheatsheet - ES6 cheatsheet containing tips, tricks, best practices and code snippets.
- usablica/front-end-frameworks - A collection of best front-end frameworks for faster and easier web development.
- jamiebuilds/itsy-bitsy-data-structures - All the things you didn't know you wanted to know about data structures.
- React/React Native
- jondot/awesome-react-native - Awesome React Native components, news, tools, and learning material!
- krasimir/react-in-patterns - A free book that talks about design patterns/techniques used while developing with React.
- markerikson/react-redux-links - Curated tutorial and resource links I've collected on React, Redux, ES6, and more.
- no-stack-dub-sack/cs-playground-react - In-Browser Algorithm and Data Structures Practice. http://cs-playground-react.surge.sh.
- DefinitelyTyped/DefinitelyTyped - The repository for high quality TypeScript type definitions.
- typescript-cheatsheets/react-typescript-cheatsheet - Cheatsheets for experienced React developers getting started with TypeScript.
- joshbuchea/HEAD - A list of everything that could go in the head of your document.
- philipwalton/flexbugs - A community-curated list of flexbox issues and cross-browser workarounds for them.
- 30-seconds/30-seconds-of-css - "Short CSS code snippets for all your development needs.
- phuoc-ng/csslayout - A collection of popular layouts and patterns made with CSS. Now it has 90+ patterns and continues growing!
- AllThingsSmitty/css-protips - A collection of tips to help take your CSS skills pro.
- mdn/webextensions-examples - Example Firefox add-ons created using the WebExtensions API.
- GoogleChrome/chrome-extensions-samples - Chrome Extensions Samples.
- bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers - Curated list of design and UI resources from stock photos, web templates, CSS frameworks, UI libraries, tools and much more.
- phil-opp/blog_os - Writing an OS in Rust.
- EmilHernvall/dnsguide - A guide to writing a DNS Server from scratch in Rust.
- Dhghomon/easy_rust - Rust explained using easy English.
- ralfbiedert/cheats.rs - Rust Language Cheat Sheet. https://cheats.rs.
- soupi/haskell-study-plan - An opinionated list of resources for learning Haskell.
- elixirschool/elixirschool - Premier destination to learn and master the Elixir programming language.
- DoctorWkt/acwj - A Compiler Writing Journey.
- cstack/db_tutorial - Writing a sqlite clone from scratch in C.
- orangeduck/BuildYourOwnLisp - Learn C and build your own programming language in under 1000 lines of code!
- isocpp/CppCoreGuidelines - The C++ Core Guidelines are a set of tried-and-true guidelines, rules, and best practices about coding in C++.
- hoanhan101/ultimate-go - Ultimate Go study guide, with heavily documented code and programs analysis all in 1 place.
- quii/learn-go-with-tests - Learn Go with test-driven development.
- mmcgrana/gobyexample - Go by Example.
- iluwatar/java-design-patterns - Design patterns implemented in Java.
- teivah/algodeck - Algo Deck is an Open-Source Collection of +200 Algorithmic Cards to Help you Preparing your Algorithm & Data Structure Interview.
- williamfiset/Algorithms - A collection of algorithms and data structures.
- raywenderlich/swift-algorithm-club - Algorithms and data structures in Swift, with explanations!
- microsoft/api-guidelines - Microsoft REST API Guidelines.
- public-apis/public-apis - A collective list of free APIs for use in software and web development.
- n0shake/Public-APIs - A public list of APIs from round the web.
- howtographql/howtographql - The Fullstack Tutorial for GraphQL.
- mledoze/countries - World countries in JSON, CSV, XML and Yaml.
- microsoft/QuantumKatas - Tutorials and programming exercises for learning Q# and quantum computing.
- openai/spinningup - An educational resource to help anyone learn deep reinforcement learning.
- practicalAI/practicalAI - A practical approach to machine learning to enable everyone to learn, explore and build.
- madewithml/basics - 📚 Learn ML with clean code, simplified math and illustrative visuals. As you learn, work on interesting projects and share them on https://madewithml.com for the community to discover and learn from!
- lexfridman/mit-deep-learning - Tutorials, assignments, and competitions for MIT Deep Learning related courses.
- ageron/handson-ml - A series of Jupyter notebooks that walk you through the fundamentals of Machine Learning and Deep Learning in python using Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow.
- ageron/handson-ml2 - A series of Jupyter notebooks that walk you through the fundamentals of Machine Learning and Deep Learning in python using Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow 2.
- eriklindernoren/ML-From-Scratch - Machine Learning From Scratch. Bare bones NumPy implementations of machine learning models and algorithms with a focus on accessibility. Aims to cover everything from linear regression to deep learning.
- donnemartin/system-design-primer - Learn how to design large-scale systems. Prep for the system design interview. Includes Anki flashcards.
- justinamiller/SoftwareArchitect - Path to a Software Architect.
- a11yproject/a11yproject.com - A community–driven effort to make web accessibility easier. https://a11yproject.com.
- progit/progit2 - Pro Git 2nd Edition.
- arslanbilal/git-cheat-sheet - git and git flow cheat sheet.
- git-tips/tips - Most commonly used git tips and tricks.
- tiimgreen/github-cheat-sheet - A list of cool features of Git and GitHub.
- github/gitignore - A collection of useful .gitignore templates.
- firstcontributions/first-contributions - Help beginners to contribute to open source projects. https://firstcontributions.github.io.
- github/training-kit - Open source cheat sheets for Git and GitHub. https://github.github.com/training-kit.
- git/git-reference - Online Git Reference. http://git.github.io/git-reference.
- rogerdudler/git-guide - git - the simple guide. http://rogerdudler.github.com/git-guide.
- pcottle/learnGitBranching - An interactive git visualization and tutorial. Aspiring students of git can use this app to educate and challenge themselves towards mastery of git! https://pcottle.github.io/learnGitBranching.
- freeCodeCamp/how-to-contribute-to-open-source - A guide to contributing to open source.
- github/choosealicense.com - A site to provide non-judgmental guidance on choosing a license for your open source project. https://choosealicense.com.
- github/opensource.guide - Community guides for open source creators. https://opensource.guide.
- aymericdamien/TensorFlow-Examples - TensorFlow Tutorial and Examples for Beginners (support TF v1 & v2).
- tensorflow/models - Models and examples built with TensorFlow.
- kahun/awesome-sysadmin - A curated list of amazingly awesome open source sysadmin resources inspired by Awesome PHP.
- dastergon/awesome-sre - A curated list of Site Reliability and Production Engineering resources. https://sre.xyz.
- LeCoupa/awesome-cheatsheets - Awesome cheatsheets for popular programming languages, frameworks and development tools. They include everything you should know in one single file.
- Kapeli/cheatsheets - Collection of Dash cheat sheets https://kapeli.com/cheatsheets.
- Kapeli/Dash-User-Contributions - Dash repo of user contributed docsets.
- rstacruz/cheatsheets - @rstacruz's cheatsheets. https://devhints.io.
Privacy and security
- drduh/macOS-Security-and-Privacy-Guide - Guide to securing and improving privacy on macOS.
- tycrek/degoogle - A huge list of alternatives to Google products. Privacy tips, tricks, and links.
- privacytoolsIO/privacytools.io - You are being watched. Protect your privacy against global mass surveillance. https://privacytools.io.
- OWASP/CheatSheetSeries - The OWASP Cheat Sheet Series was created to provide a concise collection of high value information on specific application security topics. https://cheatsheetseries.owasp.org.
- OWASP/wstg - The Web Security Testing Guide is a comprehensive Open Source guide to testing the security of web applications and web services.
- Hack-with-Github/Awesome-Hacking - A collection of various awesome lists for hackers, pentesters and security researchers.
- danielmiessler/SecLists - SecLists is the security tester's companion. It's a collection of multiple types of lists used during security assessments, collected in one place. List types include usernames, passwords, URLs, sensitive data patterns, fuzzing payloads, web shells, and many more.
- OlivierLaflamme/Cheatsheet-God - Penetration Testing Reference Bank - OSCP / PTP & PTX Cheatsheet.
- juliocesarfort/public-pentesting-reports - Curated list of public penetration test reports released by several consulting firms and academic security groups.
- SundownDEV/hacker-roadmap - A guide for amateurs pen testers and a collection of hacking tools, resources and references to practice ethical hacking, pen testing and web security.
- nahamsec/Resources-for-Beginner-Bug-Bounty-Hunters - A list of resources for those interested in getting started in bug bounties.
- StevenBlack/hosts - Extending and consolidating hosts files from several well-curated sources like adaway.org, mvps.org, malwaredomainlist.com, someonewhocares.org, and potentially others. You can optionally invoke extensions to block additional sites by category.
- EnergizedProtection/block - Let's make an annoyance free, better open internet, altogether!
- redecentralize/alternative-internet - A collection of interesting new networks and tech aiming at decentralisation (in some form).
- leandromoreira/digital_video_introduction - A hands-on introduction to video technology: image, video, codec (av1, vp9, h265) and more (ffmpeg encoding).
Natural language processing
- microsoft/nlp-recipes - Natural Language Processing Best Practices & Examples.
- h5bp/Front-end-Developer-Interview-Questions - A list of helpful front-end related questions you can use to interview potential candidates, test yourself or completely ignore.
- yangshun/front-end-interview-handbook - Almost complete answers to "Front-end Job Interview Questions" which you can use to interview potential candidates, test yourself or completely ignore.
- jwasham/coding-interview-university - A complete computer science study plan to become a software engineer.
- viraptor/reverse-interview - Questions to ask the company during your interview.
- kdn251/interviews - Everything you need to know to get the job.
- remoteintech/remote-jobs - A list of semi to fully remote-friendly companies in tech.
- lukasz-madon/awesome-remote-job - A curated list of awesome remote jobs and resources.
- poteto/hiring-without-whiteboards - Companies that don't have a broken hiring process.
- serhii-londar/open-source-mac-os-apps - 🚀 Awesome list of open source applications for macOS.
- dkhamsing/open-source-ios-apps - Collaborative List of Open-Source iOS Apps.
- nikitavoloboev/my-mac-os - List of applications and tools that make my macOS experience even more amazing.
- learn-anything/alfred-workflows - Amazing Alfred Workflows.
- zenorocha/alfred-workflows - A collection of Alfred 3 and 4 workflows that will rock your world.
Project based learning
- danistefanovic/build-your-own-x - Build your own (insert technology here).
- karan/Projects - A list of practical projects that anyone can solve in any programming language.
- tuvtran/project-based-learning - Curated list of project-based tutorials.
- florinpop17/app-ideas - A Collection of application ideas which can be used to improve your coding skills.
- AlgoryL/Projects-from-Scratch - Read and do projects.
- ossu/computer-science - Path to a free self-taught education in Computer Science!
- ForrestKnight/open-source-cs - Open Source CS Curriculum.
- P1xt/p1xt-guides - Programming curricula.
- Jam3/math-as-code - a cheat-sheet for mathematical notation in code form.xxxx
- seeingtheory/Seeing-Theory - A visual introduction to probability and statistics. http://seeingtheory.io.
- EbookFoundation/free-programming-books - Freely available programming books.
- zero-equals-false/awesome-programming-books - A curated list of awesome programming books.
- mikesprague/udacity-nanodegrees - List of Udacity Nanodegree programs with links to the free courses in their curricula.
- papers-we-love/papers-we-love - Papers from the computer science community to read and discuss. https://paperswelove.org.
- fastai/fastbook - Draft of the fastai book.
- webrtc-for-the-curious/webrtc-for-the-curious - WebRTC for the Curious: Go beyond the APIs.
- algorithm-archivists/algorithm-archive - A collaborative book on algorithms.
- GitHub Search 'awesome'
- GitHub Explore
- sindresorhus/awesome - Awesome lists about all kinds of interesting topics.
- minimaxir/hacker-news-undocumented - Some of the hidden norms about Hacker News not otherwise covered in the Guidelines and the FAQ.
- jnv/lists - The definitive list of lists (of lists) curated on GitHub and elsewhere.
- charlax/professional-programming - A collection of full-stack resources for programmers.
- jbranchaud/til - Josh Branshaud's TIL.
- minimaxir/big-list-of-naughty-strings - The Big List of Naughty Strings is a list of strings which have a high probability of causing issues when used as user-input data.
- bmorelli25/Become-A-Full-Stack-Web-Developer - Free resources for learning Full Stack Web Development.
- hellerve/programming-talks - Awesome & interesting talks about programming.
- Developer-Y/cs-video-courses - List of Computer Science courses with video lectures.
- chrislgarry/Apollo-11 - Original Apollo 11 Guidance Computer (AGC) source code for the command and lunar modules.
- LisaDziuba/Awesome-Design-Tools - The best design tools and plugins for everything.
- LisaDziuba/Marketing-for-Engineers - A curated collection of marketing articles & tools to grow your product.
- dastergon/awesome-chaos-engineering - A curated list of Chaos Engineering resources.
- mtdvio/every-programmer-should-know - A collection of (mostly) technical things every software developer should know.
- sdmg15/Best-websites-a-programmer-should-visit - Some useful websites for programmers.
- rShetty/awesome-podcasts - Collection of awesome podcasts.
- gothinkster/realworld - "The mother of all demo apps" — Exemplary fullstack Medium.com clone powered by React, Angular, Node, Django, and many more.
- adambard/learnxinyminutes-docs - Code documentation written as code! How novel and totally my idea!.
- awesomedata/awesome-public-datasets - A topic-centric list of HQ open datasets.
- trimstray/the-book-of-secret-knowledge - A collection of inspiring lists, manuals, cheatsheets, blogs, hacks, one-liners, cli/web tools and more.
- dwmkerr/hacker-laws - Laws, Theories, Principles and Patterns that developers will find useful.
- learn-anything/learn-anything - Organize world's knowledge, explore connections and curate learning paths.
- kdeldycke/awesome-falsehood - Curated list of falsehoods programmers believe in.
- google/eng-practices - Google's Engineering Practices documentation.
- ripienaar/free-for-dev - A list of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS offerings that have free tiers of interest to devops and infradev. https://free-for.dev.
- dumb-password-rules/dumb-password-rules - Shaming sites with dumb password rules.
- psenough/teach_yourself_demoscene_in_14_days - guidebook idea from here.
- heroku/12factor - 12factor.net.
- Igglybuff/awesome-piracy - A curated list of awesome warez and piracy links.
- fpereiro/backendlore - How I write backends.
- lirantal/nodejs-cli-apps-best-practices - The largest Node.js CLI Apps best practices list.
- semver/semver - Semantic Versioning Specification.
- erikwiffin/0.30000000000000004 - Floating Point Math Examples.
- olivierlacan/keep-a-changelog - If you build software, keep a changelog.
- carloscuesta/gitmoji - An emoji guide for your commit messages.
- ErikCH/DevYouTubeList - List of Development YouTube Channels.
- 2factorauth/twofactorauth - List of sites with two factor auth support which includes SMS, email, phone calls, hardware, and software.
- pirate/wireguard-docs - Unofficial WireGuard Documentation: Setup, Usage, Configuration, and full example setups for VPNs supporting both servers & roaming clients.
- danluu/post-mortems - A collection of postmortems.
- luruke/browser-2020 - Things you can do with a browser in 2020.
- jlevy/og-equity-compensation - Stock options, RSUs, taxes — read the latest edition: https://holloway.com/g/equity-compensation.
- JesseKPhillips/USA-Constitution - A history of edits to the US Constitution as it has been amended. Written in markdown to match original formatting.
- Droogans/unmaintainable-code - A more maintainable, easier to share version of the infamous http://mindprod.com/jgloss/unmain.html.
- linode/docs - Linode guides and tutorials. https://linode.com/docs.
- clarkgrubb/hyperpolyglot - commonly used features in a side-by-side format. https://hyperpolyglot.org.
- 2factorauth/twofactorauth - List of sites with two factor auth support which includes SMS, email, phone calls, hardware, and software. https://twofactorauth.org.